by Bo, April 02, 2013
You’ve got your custom Yankees blanket for the beach. You’ve got your Cornell University license plate and endless amounts of tee-shirts, hats, mugs and trinkets from every team you’ve ever fell in love with. The list could go on and on. Let’s face it; you’re a sports fanatic. And there’s nothing wrong with showing support for the team you love. Now there’s one more way to show you’re a diehard fan. Checks- Superstore allows you to create checks with your favorite sports team logo, player, trophy, moment or symbolic event with the new photo check.
To give you some creative ideas for custom sports checks here are 10 of the greatest sports moments from the past decade:
1. Michael Phelps Wins 16 Olympic Gold Medals: During the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, Phelps broke Mark Spitz’s record of 7 gold medals, with 8. Phelps continues to inspire and will compete at the upcoming 2012 Olympics in London.
2. Roger Federer Captures 15th Grand Slam Title: Roger Federer became tennis’ most dominant player when he captured his 15th Grand Slam singles title in 2009 at Wimbledon.
3. Steelers Win Super Bowl XLIII: The Steelers outlasted the Cardinals in 2008 in one of the best championships ever.
4. Lance Armstrong Wins Seven Tour de France Titles: Lance went on to 6-peat his title from 2000-2005.
5. Tiger Woods Wins 2008 U.S. Open: It came down to the 18th hole and when under pressure, Woods made it happen with a hurt knee.
6. Lebron James Enters NBA: In 2003, James was drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers. In his first season not on the Cavs, James wins his first NBA title with the Miami Heat in 2012.
7. Syracuse beats Connecticut: In 2009, Syracuse beat Connecticut in the 6th overtime to win the NCAAs.
8. Boise St. Beats Oklahoma: Boise beat Oklahoma in the BCS Bowl on Jan. 1 2007 in a game that no one believed Boise should be there to begin with.
9. UConn Women’s Basketball Streak: From April 2008 thorough Dec. 2010, UConn didn’t lose a game, a feat that no other team has done on the college level.
10. Saints win Super Bowl: Four years after Hurricane Katrina, the New Orleans Saints won the Super Bowl in 2009.
What are your favorite sports moments that you would want to capture on your checks?