by Heather, August 19, 2014
It is that time of year again! How quickly it comes around, it seems. With the summer flying by, the shops are loaded with all of the back to school items you and your children need to head back to school. Around here that also means getting back on schedule with business too.
As a working mom and wife, saving money is always on the top of my list so when I get ready for back to school shopping, I tend to take a look at a few avenues for shopping so that the savings add up.
* Shop the circulars and online sales to price match the school supplies and clothing deals offered
* Sign up and shop through savings portals like MyPoints and Swagbucks for additional savings that add up
* Check stores for special deals like savings coupons for additional purchases or free with purchase items.
* Check for clearance sales on overstock supplies
* Buy quality items that will last instead of lower quality that will need to be replace half way through the year
* If you find a great deal, stock up on supplies that you can use for the next year or in the office.
As always, take the time to do some research before heading out for the big back to school shopping spree and enjoy the extra savings!