by Bo, July 25, 2014
They say that all work and no play is not good for the soul. I can relate to that. I think we all can! But sometimes we get so caught up in making money to pay off debts, we lose sight of what is important – family, friends, faith and being the best we can be. Many people use hobbies to relax and unwind after a busy day. We all need an outlet for stress relief and a fun hobby is a great way to channel our excess energy and it is also a great way to add some extra income to your budget at the same time.
For many people that work from home or just like additional income to pay bills or save for a special trip or rainy day, using a favorite hobby is a great way to turn relaxing activity into cash.
* Sell Products – If you are a crafter or work with your hands, selling your products at local fairs, festivals, church bazaars and also online is easy. You can open a store and sell your product on sites like Etsy and Ebay for a nominal fee and advertise on free sites like Craigslist, Merchant Circle and Facebook. Don’t forget to share with friends and family too.
* Offer Services – Perhaps you love to decorate your home and often get compliments from visitors. Consider offering decorating services to others for a smart way to add extra income to your budget. Maybe you love to garden and always get great harvests. Offer gardening tips, planting tips and layouts for a fee. Are you a scrapbookers? Do custom books for others. Take what you know and offer a service to others.
* Teach in the Community – Adult schools and community colleges always look for experts to share their skills. Work up a class idea and teach your skill to others.
* Public Speaker – Non Profits love when speakers come and share ideas. This is a great way to offer a speaking service for free and share information about your teaching or crafting business from the above methods.
* Write How-To Books or eBooks – Sharing your knowledge with others by writing a book or eBook is a fabulous way to make additional income. Set up a simple website and sell your book online through your site. Also you can sell through sites like Amazon, Barnes & Nobel, Indie Authors and other similar sites.
Taking something that you love to do in your spare time and turning into cash flow is a relaxing way to earn extra income. Take a look at your hobby and make a plan to start today.