by Heather, July 18, 2014
It is amazing how much accessories and home decor costs have risen over the past few years. Design and decor is am important part of creating a stylish comfortable home. But adding some decorative points of interest to your home does not have to break the bank. We are going to look at some easy money saving ideas that you can use in your home.
* Re-purpose – One of the easiest ways of adding something new to your home decor is through re-purposing. Taking an item from another room or that was created for another purpose is a great way to start. This feature wall we are showing is one great way to do that. Hunt through attics or thrift shops for unique frames and then hang them. Paint all of the frames the same color for a more cohesive look or multi colors for a wall that pops.
* Update – Use Paints and Wall Papers to update something old and no longer useful. For instance, you can paint the interior of a bookcase a different color or use wall papers to highlight the back wall of the book case and make it a feature to hold beautiful collectibles.
* Refinish – Give that beat up piece of furniture a new life by refinishing the wood and layering on a lovely shine.
* Use Fabric – Recover dining room chairs and make your own throw pillows with beautiful fabrics. It is easy to do and does not require a lot of sewing skills. Curtains are simple to make as well.
* Shop Thrift Stores for Finds – Your local dollar store, Goodwill and thrift stores have great decor finds you can transform. Candles, Hurricane Vases, greenery and loads of craft ideas.
* Shop Discount Stores – Also check out stores like Marshall’s, Tuesday Morning, Overstock, Wayfair and similar businesses for deeply discounted decor items
* Fall in Love with Pinterest – There are thousands of DIY project images and directions that you can find help and inspiration on this site.
Updating and refreshing your home does not have to cost a fortune. Think out of the box and do it yourself for a fun look at a great price!