by Heather, July 11, 2014
I think most of us are all about saving money where ever and when ever we can. Here at Checks-Superstore, our focus is on quality product for cheap prices and that belief can extend to every aspect. I often have to travel for work and attend professional meetings so I was looking at my wardrobe and realized I needed a boost. Since I do not have to go into the office every day, I had been neglecting it. So it was time for a refresh and I thought I would share some tips on how to build a professional work wardrobe on a budget.
* Make a plan. See what is missing and get rid of things you do not wear any longer. Start a list of items you want to add to your wardrobe for future reference.
* Look for classic, timeless pieces that will take you through many different seasons. Stick to basic colors like black, navy, red, white, grey. You can add pops of color through accessories and blouses. Look for lovely dresses, skirts, jackets, and suits that can be mixed and matched easily.
* Look for quality pieces. Shopping on a budget does not mean you need to buy cheap clothing. You want to look for well made clothing at great prices.
* Stay away from trends. While they are great looking, think about how often you will wear the item before it is out of style. Remember classic and timeless for that professional look and style.
* Check out discount fashion websites like Hautelook and Zulilly
* Check out the discount sections of sites like Nordstorm, Macys, Ann Taylor and similar stores.
* Find the outlet malls and hit your favorite shops.
* Look to discount stores like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Burlington Coat Factory and others that carry quality items.
* Carry your list with you so you know what you are looking for and only buy what you really, really love. Look for pieces that will integrate into your professional work wardrobe seamlessly.
* Stalk the sales and online deals of your favorite clothing sites and stores.
* Shop off season for even better deals. Buying summer clothing in winter and winter clothing in summer can save you a bundle of cash.
I love fashion just like the next gal but that doesn’t mean I have to pay full price. Take the time to create the professional fashion look you desire by sticking to your plan and looking for beautiful, quality pieces at great prices. Your budget will thank you!
image courtesy of imagerymajestic and freedigitalphotos